So often we avoid talking about our private area. Yeah, that’s right, the private area where our guests tend to go when they need to go. We slap some paint on it, throw in a hand towel and call it a day. Why? This is the least expensive room to redo with endless options!
Here are some fun tips and tricks to design on a dime, all while making it look like a million bucks!
- Try going for a dark dramatic paint color. With the right lighting and mirror this can make a huge difference!
- Use a stencil or wall paper to cover your walls, or just accent the wall where your mirror is. For wonderful stencil designs, check out cuttingedgestencils.com.
- Tile the wall behind your mirror with a brilliant tile. Try herringbone marble from HomeDepot.
- Take out the traditional lighting over the mirror and replace with wall sconces or a drop down chandelier.
- Finally, increase the size of your art. Most people tend to think small with their powder room art. Upgrade to a dramatic or calming artwork that has impact.
Here are some inspiring images.
Dime vs. Design